Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bad Karma

With almost all things in baseball I'm a tradionalist. With the exception of the Wild Card I can't think of anything baseball has done to improve itself over the past 20 years. One aspect of modern sports that I don't like but can tolerate is corporate sponsorship of new stadiums. If calling a new stadium FYE ballpark and the team gets $15 million a year that they turn into a quality player that helps my team win I'll tolerate it. BUT!!!!!! with that being said calling the Mets new stadium Citi Field is playing with Karma. I fully support the idea to call the place Taxpayers field. The only thing I could think of thats close is when the park in Houston was called Enron Field. Being a Mets fan means being used to being disappointed. But we have been on the good side of two famous curses. 1969 When the black cat went in front of the Cubs dugout and 1986 when the Curse of the Bambino helped the ground ball go threw Bill Buckners legs. Okay I know I'm superstitious but calling the new Mets stadium Citi Field is like begging for a curse.

No comments: