Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let the Playoffs Begin

After a grueling 14 weeks the second season is upon us. So in a tradition thats now in its second week I'll attempt to predict these matchups using the yahoo predictions for point spreads. Last week I was 2-2.

First the consolation Bracket-NIT

Big Daddy 5-9 vs Joe's Broadway Crew 3-11 Yahoo Pick Big Daddy -12
Big Daddy is hot, winners of 3 in a row. JBC has struggled all year. If the Jets play well today and they are due JBC has an excellent shot. I smell upset.
My prediction JBC +12

All Hail Stitch 5-9 vs. Woogie 100 4-10 Yahoo Pick All Hail Stitch -6
In a rematch of a contest two weeks ago I don't see the result being any different. If All Hail was a hockey team their golf clubs would be already packed with an 8 o"clock tee time. Since we've been doing this this is the worst team I've ever had. Good riddance
My Prediction Woogie 100 +6

Now for the REAL playoffs

Screamin Skizzo 11-3 vs. Bullet 28 9-5 Yahoo Pick Skizzo -19
There is no doubt Skizzo comes into the playoffs with the hottest team. His victory last week over Mango gave him a share of the regular season crown. As the junior member of this league Bullet should be congradulated on another excellent season. Skizzo wins but does not cover.
My prediction Bullet 28 +19

Mangowraglers 11-3 vs. KC Devil Rays 8-6 Yahoo Pick Mangowraglers -6
Battle of the Callahan brothers. I'm sure a fair amount of trash talking has gone on this week between Florida and California. Yahoo has this own at 108-102. If I scored triple digits and lost I'd be peeved. Mango has stumbled to the finish. But alas the playoffs are a new season.
My prediction Mango -6

Good luck to all. More baseball tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mangowrangler said...

payback is a b@#$% and I congrat my brother for turning the tables on our week 8 game.