Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Top 10 ????? Part Deux

I closed tonight and open in a few hours so tonight will be short. Tomorrow I'll tackle the Yankees signing of CC and the Mets deal for JJ Putz(my first reaction to the Putz trade is I don't like it). Also by tomorrow there may be more signings or trades.

Last week my new friends at fantasybaseball.com send me an email giving me their top 10 hitters which I posted. Mike and Daniel threw in their two cents. Today they sent me their top 10 starting pitchers. So here is something to think about.

1.Tim Lincecum
2.Johan Santana
3.CC Sabbathia
4.Dan Haren
5.Roy Halladay
6.Jake Peavy
7.Ervin Santana
8.Brandon Webb
9.Cole Hamels
10.AJ Burnett

Honarble Mention
Josh Beckett
Scott Kazmir

In my book Johan is certainly #1. Taking nothing away from Lincecum who was fantastic last year against everyone but the Mets. Lincecum at this point in his career has had only 1 great year. Johan's luck certainly can't get any worse!! As for the rest of the list I have alot of disagreements. Though I like Haren I like Webb more. I'll take Lackey over E. Santana. And AJ Burnett is not a top 10 pitcher. Especially if he goes to the Yankees and has to face all those stacked lineups in the AL East. My personal feeling is it not so important who your ace is, is alot more important if you draft your 2,3 and 4 pitchers well. PLEASE comment on the list.

I've got to go to bed. ALOT to talk about tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mangowrangler said...

My Top 10 5X5 Pitchers
1. Johan, of course
2. CC
3. Lincecum - K's make a difference in fantasy
4. Webb
5. Hamels
6. Lackey
7. Peavy
8. Haren
9. Beckett
10. Halladay