Friday, December 5, 2008

Top 10 ????

I recieved a email from something called fantasybaseball.com. I must be on some sort of mailing list. Well anyway they listed the top 10 projected hitters for 2009 fantasy baseball in a typical 5x5


1.Alex Rodriguez
2.David Wright
3.Albert Pujols
4.Hanley Ramirez
5.Jose Reyes
6.Grady Sizemore
7.Ryan Braun
8.Ryan Howard
9.Carlos Lee
10.Dustin Pedroia

Honarable Mention

Russell Martin
Matt Holiday
Carlos Quintin


While I can't argue with numbers 1-8(except maybe I'd change the order a bit) Lee seems like a 2nd rounder to me. And Pedroia perhaps even later. We will have plenty of time to talk about fantasy rankings.

By the way they promised me a email to tell me thier top 10 pitchers next week. I'm guessing a certain Met will be number 1.

2 comments:

Mangowrangler said...

Having drafted Lee the past two seasons, I can say that he is good for 30/100/.275 and I would consider taking him at #10 certainly over Pedroia.

Allow me to offer a Dishonorable Mention List (i.e.Guys that I wouldn't take in the top 10 but may be there):

Jose Reyes - Sorry Mets fans but speed is available late and his power #s and avg the past two seasons don't warrant a top 10 pick IMHO

Miguel Cabrera has lost his drive and desire to play

Carl Crawford - not living up the hype

Chase Utley - a perrenial top 10 who now has the wait and see injury tag on him

Prince Fielder - a definite second rounder but I take Lee over him right now.

Mitch Hirsch said...

Daniel writes- Another guy I liwe is Evan Longoria. He was Rookie if the Year and will will be a really...really good player.